Establishing a networking framework between TSI and the Latvian, the EU and other Research Institutes will be pursued from the very beginning of the TSI creating. R&D and knowledge and technology transfer, as well as business projects, necessarily involve cooperation and networking.
TSI pays special attention to the collaboration of scientific personnel with colleagues from others research centres and universities and as the results of this collaboration are common publications; Conferences, scientific workshop; research projects etc. And for 2016-2020 period TSI has the ambitious plan: to increase the quantity of cooperation agreements twice and establish the strong scientific alliances in main directions of TSI research activities.
First of all, the research activities aim at opening the grounds for exchanging knowledge, and combining capabilities of the participating members, exploit existing research results and invest in developing more knowledge, assuring at the same time the research sustainability.
Close collaboration with these internationally leading counterparts in Europe will help to achieve the goals through the following activities:
- organization of young researcher’s seminars and training schools;
- organization of workshops and Conference;
- enhance the educational programme for graduate (Ms Computer Science, Ms Management Information Systems, Ms Transport and Logistics) and post-graduate students;
- enabling short term scientific missions with the aim of international collaboration in preparing exploitation of research, mainly publications
- preparing common project proposals.
- TSI is active member in ECTRI (European Conference of Transport Research Institutes) organization . It gave the possibilities to become more visible in the European research area. By participations in ECTRI thematic groups: TG Mobility; TG Freight and Logistics; TG Traffic Management, TSI participates in activities related to the thematic groups: define research topics of interest for influencing EC policies and programs; participation in EU projects; networking and scientific exchanges. Participation in ECTRI thematic groups give ability to bring out TSI interests to participate in EU research projects and to be involved in proposals initiated by ECTRI members.
- TSI also (as whole organization or research personnel) participated in activities of next European organizations mentioned below:
TSI is a research and business oriented at the same time organization and its researchers are participating in activities of the Latvian public organizations:
- Latvian Information and Communications Technology Association (LIKTA)
- Latvian Electrical Engineering and Electronics Industry Association (LEtERA)
- Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Latvia (electronic communication sector council of the experts)
- Latvian branch of IEEE
- Latvian Simulation Society
- Latvian Operations Research Society
- Latvian Logistic Cluster
- Latvian Transport Development and Education Association
- Aviation Research Centre Ltd.
- Latvian Supply Chain Association