We give a warm welcome to all our students who are coming to study here at TSI. We realise that alongside your academic life, you are managing your day-to-day life, which includes living in a new city or country, new job, money issues, relationships with friends and family etc. From time to time when juggling such demands, specialist advice and support is invaluable for all of us.
TSI has set up a range of central Student Life and Wellbeing services, if you can’t find answer to your question below, don’t hesitate to contact Student Experience and Retention Department:
To prolong resident permit (RP), you should
- Make a payment for the next study year
- Make a payment for the invitation, it is necessary to add name and surname of the person who will receive RP (14.00 EUR).
Purpose of payment: VN PMLP dok. MK 557 (27.12.2017.) + Name, Surname
Recipient: Valsts kase, Registration No.90000050138
The recipient institution: Valsts kase, code TRELLV22
Account number: LV37TREL1060140918500
- Submit to Student Experience and Retention Department (room 100) Study Contract, Passport, Accommodation Contract, previous document from Migration Office
We will prepare all documents for Migration Office.
Document package for Migration Office:
- Study Contract and Accommodation Contract
- Insurance policy
- Bank account statement
- Invitation letter
Additional information about resident permit (RP) in Latvia: https://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/home/services/residence-permits/
Contact information of The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs: https://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/home/contacts/
You can visit any bank or call them by phone.
- Bank Citadele +37167010000. The nearest branch: 46 Krasta Street, Riga (shopping mall Mols)
- Bank Luminor +371 67 17 1880. The nearest branch: 12 Skanstes Street, Riga
- Bank SEB +371 26668777. The nearest branch: 67 Dzirnavu Street, Riga
- Bank SWEDBANK +371 67444444. The nearest branch: 71 Mūkusalas Street, Riga
To open a bank account, you need to provide a reference letter that approves your status as a student. Fill application for reference letter and receive it in the Student Experience and Retention Department (room 100).
For medical help you can contact multifunctional medical center SIA “Veselības centrs 4”. Address: 117 Krisjana Barona Street, Riga. Phone: +37167847104
In case of medical emergency cases call direct emergency number 113 or the European emergency phone number 112. Please check the additional information: http://www.nmpd.gov.lv/en/
ISIC (International Student Identity Card) is the only internationally recognized full- and part-time student identity card, every year used by 5 million students from 130 countries.
Use your ISIC
- Prove your student status worldwide
- Get discounts in 42 000 locations around the world;
- Get discounts in more than 750 locations in Latvia.
How to apply?
To apply , you need to provide a reference letter that approves your status as a student. Fill application for reference letter and receive it in the Student Experience and Retention Department (room 100).
Apply for ISIC: Application form
ISIC becomes digital
The ISIC app is the fastest and most convenient way to present your ISIC card, plus it will help you discover the best deals near you and around the world. Download the ISIC app today and experience even more with ISIC!
Full information about ISIC you can find here
Swedbank ISIC (International Student Identity Card) combines internationally recognized student identity card and Swedbank debit card functions.
Use your ISIC
- Prove your student status worldwide;
- Get discounts in 42 000 around the world;
- Get discounts in 750 locations in Latvia;
- Use your card for online payments;
- Withdraw cash from ATMs in Latvia and abroad.
You can make the card in all branches of Swedbank Latvia or Apply here