The TSI library offers its users a wide range of printed and electronic resources. They thematically correspond to the study directions implemented at the Transport and Telecommunications Institute, with an emphasis on STEM fields (natural sciences, technologies, engineering, and mathematics). The library’s collection includes 25,000 printed books in Latvian, English, and Russian languages. Users also have access to an extensive electronic resource collection of 2,700 titles, which include scientific and educational books, scientific publications, and conference materials. The electronic collection is regularly updated. The main users of the materials in the collection are the faculty and students of informatics, robotics, telecommunications, and electronics, as well as aviation and transportation programmes.
The library’s homepage serves as a starting point for searching for quality and reliable scientific information. It contains both a built-in electronic catalog and links to TSI’s subscribed scientific databases, as well as it collects information on high-quality scientific open-access resources relevant to the industry.
The library also has a comfortably furnished reading room, which is designed according to ergonomic principles and is a favorite place for students to study and relax.
- Textbook loaning for use at home;
- Loaning of books from the scientific collection for use at the library;
- Library and e-library services;
- 19 Computers for Users;
- Material printing, scanning and photocopying self-services (paid services);
- Interlibrary loan (SBA) services. For information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Consultations for use of electronic resources. To apply for a consultation, write to email@example.com;
- Consultations for searching for thematic information in electronic resources. To apply for a consultation, write to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Assigning ISBN/ISNN numbers;
- Purchase of TSI published books.
Library and Reading Room Working Hours
|Monday||10.00 – 16.00||08.00 – 21.00|
|Tuesday||10.00 – 18.00||08.00 – 21.00|
|Wednesday||10.00 – 18.00||08.00 – 21.00|
|Thursday||10.00 – 19.00||08.00 – 21.00|
|Friday||10.00 – 16.00||08.00 – 21.00|
|Saturday||10.00 – 14.00||08.00 – 17.00|
Head of the library: Ābele Vineta