Despite the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions, in Transport and Telecommunication Institute continues implementation of the project 126.96.36.199/VIAA/1/16/112 «Spatiotemporal urban traffic modelling using big data» (postdoc: Dr.sc.ing. Dmitry Pavlyuk). The project is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), within the 188.8.131.52 Post-doctoral Research Aid activity.
As part of the project, the following activities were implemented:
- Published the research paper Pavlyuk, D., 2020. Towards ensemble learning of traffic flows’ spatiotemporal structure. Transportation Research Procedia 47, 361–368. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2020.03.110
- Article «Robust and Responsive Learning of Spatiotemporal Urban Traffic Flow Relationships» is prepared and submitted to Transportation Research: Part C journal
- Participation in a webinar of ECTRI Thematic Group on Traffic Management and in VIAA “Open Science” webinars
- Paper «Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Public Transport Demand: a Case Study of Riga» (prepared in collaboration with N.Spiridovska and I. Jackiva) is submitted to the Transport journal.
- Study «Spatiotemporal cross-validation of urban traffic forecasting models» is accepted for presentation at EWGT-2020 (http://www.ewgt2020.eu/) and the related paper is submitted to Transportation Research Procedia.
- Abstracts «Short-term urban traffic forecasting with the spatial GARCH model» are accepted for presentation at RelStat-2020 (http://relstat2020.tsi.lv/)
Current information on the progress and results of the project is available here.