Aim of Course
To gain theoretical and practical knowledge, that would allow to define the strategy of an organization, to implement it and to evaluate its effectiveness; to timely identify the need for changes, to be able to plan, implement and manage them, thus ensuring the successful strategic development of an organization within the Aviation industry.
On successful completion of the course, students will (knowledge, skills and competences):
- To define the strategy of an organization on the basis of the analysis of an internal and external factors of influence;
- To develop the strategic and operational management plans;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy of an organization and its implementation;
- To identify the need for changes within organization, based on the various internal and external factors;
- To critically evaluate different approaches to the change management, choosing the most appropriate to the current situation, taking into consideration the management aspects and culture of the particular organization;
- To develop the change management plan of an organization, practically using the conformable instruments of change management;
- To argument and to convince others for the necessity of changes, being aware of and taking into consideration the possible consequences of the changes on the organization as a whole and its employees;
- To follow the change process within organization, and if necessary to implement corrections within the change management plan.
Short Course Content
- Defining the strategy of an organization
- The analysis of the internal and external factors of an organization;
- Planning process within organization:
- Main stages of planning.
- Planning documents.
- The strategic management and planning of organizations within Aviation industry.
- The importance of changes in modern business environment.
- The theoretical and practical aspects of change management:
8.1.Identifying the necessity for changes;
8.2.Change management plan;
8.3.Instruments of change management;
8.4.Implementation of the change within organization;
8.5.Choosing the communication strategy.
- The main reasons of changes within Aviation industry and their impact on organizations (airports, airlines, etc.) within time.
- The practical examples of the strategic and change management. Group work/home work/presentations.